When Asparagus are in season, for me it is bliss. This simple appetiser takes very little time to prepare and you only need a few ingredients.
When a dish is quick, easy to prepare and tastes great why not give it a go especially when entertaining.
22 Asparagus (approximately 2 bunches)
11 Slices of Prosciutto (cut in half)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for drizzling)
freshly ground black pepper
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Makes: 22 Spears
- Preheat your grill on medium to high heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Wash and cut the ends of the Asparagus spears (approximately 1 inch).
- Pat them dry and wrap the Prosciutto around them. Line the tray or your grill with baking paper and place the spears onto the tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and ground black pepper.
- Place under the grill for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and place aside to cool down a little before serving.
- I never salt the spears as the Prosciutto will have enough salt.
- I always try the Prosciutto before I buy it as it can be too salty. I have in the past been caught out by not trying the Prosciutto.
- I now always use the Parma Prosciutto for this dish.