Dinner planning can be a little mind boggling at times however, this Smoked Salmon salad with vegetables and creamy dressing isn’t too time consuming and a great alternative when you feel a little stuck for inspiration and ideas.
A selection of a few pan charred vegetables, steamed beans and cooked potatoes with a tangy dressing, gives this salad an edge with the smokey and delicate flavours of the salmon.
300 g hot smoked salmon (broken into pieces)
2 bunches of broccolini (washed & ends trimmed)
3 bunches of baby asparagus (washed & trimmed)
4 medium dutch potatoes (cooked and cut into cubes)
100 g of green beans (steamed & cooled)
salt & freshly ground pepper
olive oil for charring
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp basil pesto
1 tbs yoghurt
1 tbs mayonnaise
2 tbs apple cider vinegar
water (added gradually)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes (Approximately)
Cooking Time: 20 minutes (Approximately)
Serves: 4 people (Generously)
You will need a large bowl to serve this dish.
Place the potato cubes in the bowl with the steamed beans that have already cooled down.
Break the smoked salmon into pieces and place aside in another bowl.
- Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat.
- Add the broccolini in small batches to ensure even cooking.
- Cook one side then turn over to char the other side.
- Ensure that the broccolini remain a vibrant green colour on the stems. Remove and place in large serving bowl to cool.
- Char the asparagus in small batches until finished and place in bowl and allow to cool.
- In a good size glass jar add the mustard, basil pesto, yoghurt, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and a little water.
- Seal with the lid a shake vigorously.
- Check the consistency of the dressing it should be creamy but not too thick.
- If it’s thick add a little more water or a little apple cider vinegar.
- Taste the dressing to ensure that it is tasty with a little tang or that it is to your liking.
- Add the salmon to the salad bowl and drizzle the dressing over the top.
- Mix well using your hands and taste the salad in case it needs more dressing or seasoning.
- If you like your salads with lot’s of dressing just add a little extra of all the ingredients to the jar.
- Ensure that the potatoes are cooked ahead of time and completely cooled before adding to the bowl.
- Feel free to use other vegetables or fresh greens that you enjoy eating.